The building construction industry produces the second largest amount of demolition waste and greenhouse gases (35-40%). The major consumption of energy in buildings is during construction and later in lighting or air-conditioning systems. While, various amenities like lighting, air conditioning, water heating provide comfort to building occupants, but also consume enormous amount of energy and add to pollution. Further, occupant activities generate large amount of solid and water waste as well.
Sustainable architecture is the type of architecture that seeks to minimize the harmful impact that buildings have on the environment. Such sustainably built green buildings are environmentally responsible and resource-efficient, right from location selection to the demolition after its lifecycle ends. A green building uses less energy, water and other natural resources creates less waste and green-house gases and is healthy for people living or working inside as compared to a regular structure.
Building green is not about a little more efficiency. It is about creating buildings that optimize on the use of local materials, local ecology and most importantly they are built to reduce power, water and material requirements. Thus, if these things are kept in mind, then we will realize that our traditional architecture was in fact, very green. According to TERI estimates, if all buildings in Indian urban areas were made to adopt green building concepts, India could save more than 8,400 megawatts of power, which is enough to light 550,000 homes a year.
Therefore, there are five fundamental principles of Green Building which is why one will understand the need of such green buildings in India:
1. Sustainable Site Design: Minimize adverse impact on the environment through optimized building siting & design, material selection, and aggressive use of energy conservation measures. Maximize the use of renewable energy and other low impact energy sources. Building performance should exceed minimum International Energy Code (IEC) compliance level by 30-40%.
2. Water Quality & Conservation:Preserve the existing natural water cycle and design the site so that they closely emulate the site’s natural hydrological systems. Emphasis on retention of storm water and on-site infiltration as well as ground water recharging. Minimize the inefficient use of potable water on the site while maximizing the recycling and reuse of water, including rainwater harvesting, storm water, and gray water.
3. Energy & Environment: As Noida is having great enhancements and offices, this encourages another business to prosper a ton. The city has continuous power, nourishment courts, fast web, medication and transport office. This is constantly strong in the advancement of any new business. Since assets become an essential piece of any business to grow at first.
4. Indoor Environmental Quality: Provide a healthy, comfortable and productive indoor environment for building occupants. Utilize the best possible conditions in terms of indoor air quality, ventilation, and thermal comfort, access to natural ventilation and day lighting.
5. Materials and Resources: Minimize the use of non-renewable construction materials through efficient engineering and construction, and effective recycling of construction debris. Maximize the use of recycled materials, modern energy efficient engineered materials, and resource efficient composite type structural systems as well as sustainably managed, biomass materials.
Sufficient technical background and an understanding of green building practices are needed for implementing these fundamental principles, so that a building can be considered a truly “green building”. CII-Sohrabji Godrej Green Business Centre, ITC Royal Gardenia Bengaluru and Suzlon One Earth, Pune are some of the earliest green buildings constructed in India. Check this list of top certified green buildings in India.
If one follows the above-mentioned criteria for a green building, Anthurium in Noida is a perfect one in this aspect. Located in the heart of Sector-73, Noida, Anthurium is having all the facilities which can aid investors and buyers to avail maximum benefits from their property. Anthurium is offering office spaces, co-working spaces, smart digital offices and virtual offices for businesses in Noida. Anthurium with a platinum rated Green Building with Bee and Griha, and a Bionic Bioclimatic construction, it balances the atmosphere in and around the commercial space. The architecture is well-planned and designed with benign environment consuming less energy. It is impressively designed to hang over the edge of the building and can rightfully be called as the next generation workspace.